My 5 ingredient Butterfinger Ice Cream Bowls are perfect for Summer! They’re simple, quick and SO yummy!
During the Summer you just need to have a few of those recipes that you can throw together quickly! You know, those reliable recipes that are simple, fun, and always turn out just the way you want them to!?
I love that this recipe uses two different kinds of Butterfinger. This combination creates a wonderful texture! Feel free to play around with these and have some fun!
The waffle bowl also adds a nice touch. It has always been my experience people of all ages love the waffle bowls. Plus they’re just so yummy!
Summer + Ice Cream = Happiness!
My Butterfinger Ice Cream Bowls are such a great dessert to serve anytime at all. The best part is you can make them ahead of time, and you’re completely ready to go when it’s time for dessert.
Yes, you can even add the hot fudge and chopped Butterfinger bars ahead of time!
The ingredients you see here are exactly what I used. I think you will be pleasantly surprise how delicious the little frozen treats turn out!
You might be wondering why I used Butterfinger Crisps on top of an ice cream that already has Butterfinger pieces in it. Let me tell you, it’s all about the texture!
The Butterfinger pieces in the ice cream are wonderful, don’t get me wrong. But the addition of the chopped Butterfingers Crisps adds a nice little texture on top, that really pulls the whole thing together!
Butterfinger Ice Cream Waffle Bowls
1 (4 oz.) package Waffle Bowls – 10 bowls
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed – any brand will do
1.5 quart container Butterfinger Ice Cream, softened
1 (4.23 oz.) pack Butterfinger Crisps (you will probably only use 1/2 the package)
1 pouch Hot Fudge sauce, or any hot fudge sauce of your choice
1. Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Gently open the package of waffle bowls and lay bowls out on cookie sheet.
2. Place softened ice cream in a large bowl. Stir it just a bit to remove any large frozen clumps. Add thawed whipped topping to the ice cream, completely combine the two together by hand.
3. Fill waffle bowls with even amounts of mixture. Place cookie sheet in freezer to allow filled waffle bowls to set up to desired firmness.
4. Chop 2-3 (0.70 oz.) Butterfinger Crisps to desired texture. Warm hot fudge sauce just enough to drizzle. Remove waffle bowls from freezer, drizzle without hot fudge (that’s not too hot), sprinkle with chopped Butterfinger Crisps and place back in freezer until ready to serve. Place Butterfinger Ice Cream Bowls on plates and serve.
Best when eaten same day.
* If you’re worried about adding the hot fudge sauce without melting the ice cream you can always wait until right before serving to add the hot fudge and chopped Butterfingers. Either way this dessert will be wonderful!
Makes 10 Servings – 1 Waffle Bowl per serving