These Crunchy S’mores Ice Cream Pops are the perfect s’mores inspired ice cream dessert for your family and friends. Full of great flavors, these pops are sure to please!
The boys and I love to play around with different ice cream combos during the summer. Everyone knows ice cream tastes so much better in the summertime!
I just had to post one more of my favorite ice cream pops on the blog. This ice cream pop is s’mores inspired and delicious!
What do I mean by s’mores inspired? Think of the wonderful flavors of s’mores mixed with a creamy chocolatey ice cream and there you have it! So if you like the familiar flavors of s’mores you will like these, if you’re a s’more lover you will LOVE these!
I decided to make my own little crunchy bits for these pops and am I glad did! Once you taste them you will know exactly what I mean.
It’s all about the flavor my friends…and this ice cream pop has a wonderful flavor!
To make your own s’mores flavored crunchy bits you’re going to need rice krispies (or toasted rice cereal) and Wilton S’mores flavored candy melts.
This is what your cereal and chocolate mixture should look like. Once it dries, you can break it up into pieces and voila, you have your own little s’mores flavored crunchy bits!
These cups are filled about 3/4 full. If you want to fill them more or less feel free.
See how the ice cream pop is just beginning to soften and melt a bit? This is the way we LOVE to eat these pops! So tasty!
Crunchy S’mores Ice Cream Pops
2 cups Rice Krispies (or any brand of toasted rice cereal)
1 bag (10 oz.) Wilton S’mores flavored candy
1.5 quart container chocolate ice cream
6 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
1/2 cup marshmallow bits, divided
Twelve 5-ounce paper cups (Dixie Bathroom Cups work great)
Wooden Popsicle Sticks, or decorative straws
1. Place 2 cups of rice krispies into a large glass bowl (you’ll need the room for stirring). Melt the chocolate melts according to instructions on the package. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and gently stir well to evenly coat cereal.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour cereal mixture on to parchment paper, spread out evenly and allow to dry. Once mixture is dry, break into desired pieces. Keep in mind these pieces will be used in an ice cream pop so you don’t want them too large.
3. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften for a few minutes. Crush chocolate wafer cookies. Place a small amount of the crushed cookies and marshmallow bits in the bottom of each cup.
4. Scoop the softened ice cream into a large bowl, add the chocolate covered cereal bits and remainder of the marshmallow bits. Stir gently with a large spoon, it doesn’t take much to combine the ingredients. You want the ice cream soft but not completely melted.
5. Spoon the ice cream mixture into the cups. Carefully insert a wooden stick or straw into each cup.
6. Freeze for approximately 2 hours to set.
Makes 12 Servings
*Note: I learned this today. If you have boys that like to play as boys do, you may want to use popsicle sticks instead of straws. The straws look great, but if you have kids around that like to play or get silly with their food definitely use popsicle sticks! Love my boys…just saying.
Have you tried my Flurry Ice Cream Pops yet?
They’re another fun and tasty ice cream pop perfect for summertime!