Today I am sharing with you a recipe that is SO much fun to make and eat! Honestly I don’t know if other people make brownie petit fours, but I do and my family and friends love them every single time!
Your traditional petit four starts with a light white cake and is then transformed from there. White cake is great for certain things, but I guess I had chocolate on the brain today. So I decided to make brownie petit fours. Hey, why not?
Brownies cut into 1 1/2″ squares work great here. You will find that once they’re coated in chocolate and topped with a M&M, it’s more than enough.
I used the recipe from Baker’s One Bowl Brownies, but I have also made these with a boxed brownie mix before and they turn out great either way!
Chocolate Brownie Petit Fours
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
OR 1 -13 x 9 brownie mix (follow instructions on package)
2 cups (12 oz. package) Milk Chocolate Morsels, or your favorite chocolate chips
3 tbsp. shortening
Fall colored M&M’s, optional
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave safe bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Using edges of foil, lift brownie out of pan. Peel off foil; cut into 1 1/2″ squares.
4. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt milk chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave safe bowl until completely melted. Dip each brownie square into melted chocolate, covering completely. Gently tap on side of bowl to allow extra chocolate to drip off. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Immediately top with one M&M, if using. Allow chocolate to set at room temperature or refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
* If chocolate starts to harden reheat in microwave for just a bit.
Makes 20-24 servings. Adapted Recipe: Baker’s One Bowl Brownies
Brownie Lover’s I have another great recipe for you right here!