These Spiced Pumpkin Cake Cookies make a quick dessert or after school snack. They’re full of cinnamon, pumpkin and spice flavor…perfect for Fall! This cookie is a wonderful cookie for Fall! It’s easy to make and it has some of the best Fall flavors. The thing I like most about this cookie is it doesn’t taste like your average cake mix cookie, this cookie is SO much better!
I decided to combine spice cake mix and pumpkin cake mix to make the dough along with a few other ingredients and I couldn’t have been happier!
Of course the real test was when I sent some cookies to school with my kids and their containers came back almost empty. Why almost empty? They decided they wanted to keep some for themselves, so they did. Too funny.
Let’s walk through how to make my Spiced Pumpkin Cake Cookies.
You want to roll the cookie balls in powdered sugar before you bake them. Some of the powdered sugar is going to kind of disappear as it sets into the cookie and that’s fine. Placing your cookies on a rack when you glaze them is always a good idea. The glaze drips down and the cookie can dry quickly & nicely.
Spiced Pumpkin Cake Cookies
1 (15.25 ounce) spice cake mix
4 large eggs, preferably room temperature
2/3 cup Crisco oil blend (canola, sunflower & soybean), or your favorite oil, such as vegetable oil
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons milk, more if you need it to reach your desired consistency
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, gently whisk the cake mixes together to remove any large lumps. To the cake mix mixture add the eggs, and oil. Mix until the mixes are just combined. Cover and refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
3. Place 3/4 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl; set aside. Remove the bowl with the cookie mixture from the refrigerator. Scoop dough with a small or medium cookie scoop. Carefully roll the scoop in the powdered sugar to coat. Place the dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat process with the remaining dough.
4. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until light brown around the edges. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Whisk together glaze ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Once cookies have cooled completely, dip the top of each cookie in the glaze allowing excess to drip off. Place cookie on wire rack to allow any more excess glaze to drip off of cookie. After all cookies have been dunked in glaze you may want to dunk tops again until glaze is gone. Immediately decorate with sprinkles, if using. Allow cookies to dry completely.
Makes 36 cookies.
Speaking of pumpkin & spice have you tried my Pumpkin Spice Brownie Pops yet? It’s Pumpkin Spice and Brownie in a whole different way.