My Mini Malt Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups make the perfect handheld dessert for any fun get-together and great summertime eats!
So excited to share my Mini Malt Chocolate Chip Cups with you today! They are one of my favorite things to make with chocolate chip cookie dough.
Like most people, my boys and husband LOVE chocolate chip cookies and anything made with chocolate chip cookie dough! So it only makes sense that these Mini Chocolate Chip Malt Cookie Cups are one of my boys favorites recipes ever. These little easy-to-hold treats are really easy to prepare, it all goes so quick!
Hope you get a chance enjoy these great little cookie cups soon for one of your upcoming summer events!
Because these are Mini Malt Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups there is malted milk powder in the creamy malt frosting and the crushed candy on top is Malted Milk Balls of course.
You will want to use a mini muffin pan, or two and a mini cookie scoop. Or of course you can a regular spoon if you prefer.
The pink bottle of sprinkles is in the picture to show you what I used to press down the cookie cups. Sort of a reference for scale. You want to be sure to press the cookie cups down shortly after they come out of the oven.
You can scoop the creamy malt frosting on to the cookie cups any way you want. Be as simple or fancy as you want to be. I didn’t get too fancy because I knew these wouldn’t last long. 🙂
It’s kind of hard to tell here, but I have a sheet of waxed paper over my baking mat so that when I’m done with the final touches I can just ball it up and throw it away. None of this being super careful stuff! 🙂
Mini Malt Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, preferably unsalted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 – (16.5 oz.) roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. if you would rather
Malt Cream Frosting:
1 package (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup malted milk powder
1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
chocolate syrup, optional
1/3 cup chopped Malted Milk Balls
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray two mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy using a stand mixer, or hand held mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix together well. Slowly add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips, mix by hand. Stir until mini chocolate chips are evenly distributed through dough.
3. Scoop dough into even sized balls using a mini cookie scoop or regular spoon. Place one scoop in each mini muffin cup. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove from oven. Use a round object like the bottom of a sprinkles container, or a shot glass to make an impression in each cup. Let cool in pan for approximately 10 minutes. Allow cookie cups to cool completely on wire racks
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mix, malt powder, and milk. Whisk together until it starts to thicken. Fold in one container whipped topping. Put malt cream filling in the fridge for about 15 minutes to let stand.
5. Scoop or pipe frosting over cookie cups. Sprinkle each one with chopped malted milk balls, drizzle with chocolate sauce. Store chilled in airtight container for up to 2 days, if they last that long. 🙂
Makes 24 cookie cups