My Spring Funfetti Banana Bread Cake is the perfect addition for any Easter brunch table! Actually, this banana bread cake makes a great addition to any Spring Brunch!
Okay you guys, when I put together this recipe I had Easter and Spring on the brain! I think you can tell by the colors. 🙂
So, I was thinking of something that would be fun, delicious and a little different for Easter Brunch, or any Spring Brunch where you have people of all ages gathering. Kind of a tall order, huh?
I think we have a winner here! This banana bread cake is so moist and so tasty, and it is really kind of fun eating a wedge of it with a fork instead of the usual slice. Not that I ever complain about a good banana bread!
Today I share with you my Spring Funfetti Banana Bread Cake…enjoy!
It’s so nice to see some Srping colors again! Of course many of you see signs of Spring long before I do here in Minnesota, please enjoy it for me!
As you can see I started with Spring Funfetti cake mix, quite intentionally might I add. Just kind of had it one the brain I guess. 🙂
The crack looks sort of big in the pic, but I assure you it was no big deal. Remember the hot air has to escape from somewhere.
Feel free to use as much or as little icing as you like!
Spring Funfetti Banana Bread Cake
Banana Bread Cake
1 box Spring Funfetti cake mix
3 large eggs
1/3 cup oil, canola or vegetable
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
Powder Sugar Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-4 teaspoons milk
Easter Sprinkles, or any variety
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Place cake mix, eggs, oil, bananas and vanilla in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix for 2 approximately minutes.
3. Pour batter into springform pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan if desired. Allow to finish cooling on wire rack.
4. In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Add a little extra milk if you would like a thinner consistency.
5. When banana bread cake is cool, or just slightly warm, drizzle with icing as desired. Immediately decorate with sprinkles. Allow to dry completely. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 12-16 servings.