Imagine two different forms of delicious milk chocolate, and just the right amount of Snickers Almond Bars chopped up and melted in just a bit! Sound good? Oh, they are!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!
I love to play around with rice krispie treats and make them exactly how I want them to be! Yes almost everyone makes rice krispie treats, BUT not everyone makes them the same way!
These will quickly become a go-to treat for you if you’re looking for something that takes care of that chocolate craving, is full of flavor, but isn’t too heavy or rich!
In my opinion there are just times when a person needs chocolate, but doesn’t want something rich. It happens to me all the time! One, or two, of these bars does the trick. Just sayin.
My Double Chocolate Snickers Rice Krispie Treats are made with delicious milk chocolate, but you could just as easily use a different chocolate if you prefer!
At first glance it may seem like there’s a lot of chopped candy on top of these bars, but there isn’t. Personally I like to chop the candy for the top of the bars a bit finer than the candy that goes into the bars.
I thinks it makes eating them much more pleasurable! It also makes the candy go A LOT farther, because it is chopped finer.
This time around I hand dunked each bar in chocolate. Usually I spread the chocolate evenly on top. I just wanted to try something different this time.
Both ways work just fine. It’s simply a matter of personal preference.
Although I used milk chocolate for these treats, you could use dark chocolate, or any chocolate you prefer.
Double Chocolate Snickers Rice Krispie Treats
1/4 cup butter (4 tablespoons)
1 (10-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
5 cups rice krispies cereal, or your favorite brand toasted rice cereal
3/4 cup milk chocolate brownie mix, dry
4 Snickers Almond Bars (3 chopped, added to cereal mixture + 1 chopped for top)
1 package milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons White Nonpareils sprinkles, for top
1. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Measure out rice krispies and set aside.
2. Melt butter and marshmallows in large saucepan over LOW heat, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; stir in cake mix until smooth.
3. Add rice krispies cereal to the mixture. Stir until well coated using a rubber spatula (sprayed with cooking spray) to incorporate everything. Once the mixture has cooled a bit, add the three chopped Snickers Almond Bars and mix well. Press mixture with a sprayed spatula or spoon, or waxed paper evenly into pan. Let cool.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl melt the milk chocolate chips. Microwave the chips for 30 seconds at a time, stir well, then return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Continue doing this just until chocolate is smooth. Spread melted chocolate over rice krispie treats until smooth, or dunk each bar by hand, if preferred.
5. Sprinkle bars with last chopped Snickers Almond Bar and White Nonpareils. Allow chocolate set up completely. Cut into small squares. Serve at room temperature. Best when eaten same day.