This cupcake is perfect for a birthday party inspired by Disney’s Frozen! Or, do you have somebody in your house that loves anything and everything blue raspberry? Please make them these cupcakes!
Today I am sharing these yummy Blue Raspberry Cupcakes I made over the weekend for a group of boys who love blue raspberry!
Maybe you have Disney’s Frozen on the brain. It would be so easy to make these fun and simple cupcakes.
Or if you simply have a group of kids who love blue raspberry, look no further. This is your cupcake!
I came across this blue raspberry mix last week when I was at Target. Blue raspberry cake mix, who would’ve thought?
This new flavor wasn’t in the regular baking row. FYI – at our local Target these cake mixes are in the back with the seasonal merchandise for Easter. Be sure to look through that section first.
The boys loved my Blue Raspberry Cupcakes!
Shh, don’t tell anyone but I went Greek on the boys. What does that mean?
It means I made these particular cupcakes with Greek yogurt like I so often do. The velvety texture you get when using Greek yogurt is absolutely heavenly!
Not only do you get a wonderful soft, velvety texture from Greek yogurt, but you also add a good healthy dose of protein. How can you go wrong?
For the frosting I made Blue Raspberry Frosting. The recipe is listed below. However, if you want to use the blue raspberry frosting in a can that’s fine too. No worries!
My Blue Raspberry cupcakes are simple to make, their bright blue raspberry flavor and vibrant color makes them an instant hit with one and all.
Blue Raspberry Cupcakes
1 box Blue Raspberry Cake Mix
1 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain, any brand will do
1 cup water
Blue Raspberry Frosting:
1/2 cup butter,softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons blue raspberry, or berry blue Jello powder
1-2 drops of blue food coloring
Blue Sugar Sprinkles
Blue patterned straws
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl whisk together cake mix, Greek yogurt, and water until combined well. Fill your muffin cups 3/4 full. You will probably use 18. Bake your cupcakes according to the package instructions. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat your butter until smooth. Mix in dry Jello powder. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk at a time.
3. Add 1-2 drops of blue food coloring and stir until smooth. Two drops was perfect for the frosting, depending on the color you want to achieve.
4. Frost cupcakes however you desire, and gently sprinkle with blue sprinkles.
5. Straws are optional. If desired cut blue patterned straws to about 3 inches and place in the sides of the cupcakes at an angle.
*Depending on what I’m doing I sometimes make my frosting tighter, and sometimes a little looser. When adding extra milk to make frosting softer/looser add no more than 1/2 tablespoon at a time.