A cookie and donut in one? That’s right, and when they’re homemade they couldn’t be better. You get the best of both worlds with this yummy cookie!
What’s better a homemade chocolate chip cookie or a homemade donut?
Well now you don’t have to decide! This recipe brings two favorites together.
By now we have all probably seen some version of cookie donuts. This is my favorite version of cookie donuts that I make for my family and friends time and time again.
Of course they just have to be topped off with chocolate! The chocolate blend I put on top is so good and so easy!
Let’s take a look, shall we?
Scoop your dough onto a cookie sheet as you normally do. Then using the palm of your hand flatten the dough a bit before the cookies go in the oven. You will then bake the cookies just as you normally do.
Make sure that when you take the cookies out of the oven you let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes! Then gently cut out the centers.
If you try to cut the cookies too soon you will end up destroying the cookie donuts and the whole thing will be a mess. So please give your cookies time to cool a bit.
Honestly you can use just about anything to cut out the cookie donut center. Just make sure the cookie cutter or object you are using is about 1-1 1/2 inches across.
I’ll be honest with you. When I made these I didn’t know they were so popular. Let me tell you I can see why.
I’ve mentioned this before, and I will say it again. My guys are always asking for more chocolate chip cookies!
So, If you have a chocolate chip cookie lover in your house they will love these Chocolate Chip Cookie Donuts!!
My Chocolate chip Cookie Donuts are the best of both worlds – homemade cookie & dounts. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Donuts
A cookie and donut in one? That’s right, and when they’re homemade they couldn’t be better. You get the best of worlds with this yummy cookie!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg, brought to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons heavy cream
sprinkles, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets, or line sheets with silicon mat liners. Prepare cookie sheets for baking. Set aside.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla. Continue mixing until incorporated. With a stand mixer, or by hand, slowly add the flour, salt, baking soda, and instant pudding mix. Mix until combined. Stir in miniature chocolate chips. Mix until miniature chocolate chips are evenly distributed through dough.
3. Scoop the cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Press dough to flatten a bit using palm of hand.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool 5 minutes (approximately) on sheets; use 1-inch round cookie cutter to cut out center of each cookie. A 1-inch to 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter can be used. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. In a medium microwaveable bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons cream or milk and chocolate chips uncovered on high for 30 seconds at a time. Microwave until chips and cream can be stirred smooth. Dip top of each cookie donut and cookie center into melted chip mixture. If you prefer you can apply chocolate with a small spoon or knife. Decorate immediately with sprinkles if using. Place on cooling rack until set. Store at room temp in airtight container.
*You can just melt the chocolate chips without cream if you prefer. I prefer the taste and texture with just a couple of tablespoons of cream.