Looking for a delicious new shortbread cookie? Try my SnowTop Toblerone Cookies. These cookies are wonderful to share with your friends and family this holiday season!
Recently I mentioned how much I love shortbread, and I want to share some of my favorite versions with you.
Whether it’s Shortbread cookies, bars, wedges, or anything else Shortbread, it always seems to taste so good during the holiday season. 🙂
So, this is another one of my recent creations. Sure there are other Toblerone Shortbread recipes out there. But, I think you will find, this one is pretty fantastic!
Recently, while at the store, I picked up a couple of SnowTop Toblerone bars. Of course they were on sale!
I have to tell you guys, these SnowTop Toblerone bars (Swiss Milk and White Chocolate with Honey and Almond Nougat) are wonderful!
Right away, I knew this would be the perfect addition to shortbread. 🙂
Okay, so here’s the deal. I was worried about the triangles being too large for the cookies. But, they’re not, not at all. They’re actually just right!
This Toblerone Bar has a wonderful smooth and creamy texture, just a kiss of honey, and a very pleasant taste without being too heavy.
I added just a little bit of confectioners’ sugar because I love that look of just a light dusting of snow!
To get a very light dusting of confectioners’ sugar, put a little in a strainer not over the cookies, off to the side, and gently tap it with your finger.
Just a little comes out and it creates a beautiful dusting. If you want more confectioners’ sugar just do it again until you have enough for your liking.
Enjoy your newest Shortbread Cookie!
SnowTop Toblerone Shortbread Cookies
1 cup, or 2 sticks butter, softened (I use regular butter and leave out the salt)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* If you don’t like/want to make your own Shortbread dough that’s fine too. Simply use a mix and follow the instructions on back, then add the Toblerone.
1/2-1 SnowTop Toblerone Bar, chopped
3 additional small SnowTop Toblerone Bars, separated into triangles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or baking mats. Chop 1/2-1 Toblerone Bar; depending on how much texture you want in your shortbread cookies; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and flour, beat until crumbly. Stir in chopped candy bar by hand.
3. Scoop cookie dough with 1-inch cookie scoop. Gently press Toblerone triangles in the middle of each cookie. The dough will automatically push down just a bit, this is perfect.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 24 cookies