How does a moist chocolate cookie with a delicious caramel center sound? Perfect for the holidays? I thought so too. 🙂
Looking for a fun new holiday cookie that doesn’t take forever to make? Try my Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies.
These cookies come together so quickly, and they’re fabulous!
They’re also great for bringing with you to see family and friends during the holidays!
I realize there are lots different caramel & chocolate blend cookies, but that doesn’t matter. I’m giving you one of my newest recipes. This cookie is so good on so many different levels. You will want to keep this recipe handy. 🙂
Let the cookie baking begin!
As you can see here Dove Caramel Milk Chocolate is used in these cookies. Let me tell you, well worth the money! Plus, they’re on sale now at Target, as well as many other stores, I’m sure.
Why did I start with a mix? Because, I wanted to give you guys a cookie that you can easily make the next time you want to bake a holiday cookie, but don’t want to spend forever on it, and still want really good cookies.
How does that sound?
Just a little tip for you my friends, I would stick with either milk chocolate or German chocolate for the base of this cookie dough and they will turn out great for you!
Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies
1 (regular size) chocolate, or German chocolate cake mix with pudding
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons chocolate instant pudding mix (optional)
1-2 tablespoons chocolate caramel coffee creamer, or regular milk, (after the first tablespoon add 1 teaspoon at a time)
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 bag (9.5 oz.) Dove Promises Silky Smooth Caramel Milk Chocolate
Holiday sprinkles, your choice
1. Heat 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2. Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, and pudding mix in large bowl with a heavy spoon until blended. Add 1 tablespoon of milk, then 1 teaspoon at a time, if adding more. Stir in chocolate chips, mix well. Unwrap Dove caramel milk chocolates.
3. Scoop the dough into even size balls, approximately 1 1/2-inches. Take the ball and kind of flatten it in your palm, or on a flat surface and wrap the dough around one Dove chocolate. Roll the ball gently in hands to make sure chocolate candy isn’t protruding out anywhere.
4. Pours sprinkles into small bowl. Dab the cookie ball into sprinkles until you have desired amount of sprinkles on cookie ball. Try not to press sprinkles into dough too hard or they won’t be as pretty when they bake. Place cookie balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake cookies until set around edges, approximately 10-12 minutes, depending on oven. Do not over bake cookies. If cookies are over baked they will become hard, and tough to chew. Cool for about 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.