You know how some foods and flavors just make you instantly HAPPY?
Well, I really think this cake does that! All of the flavors are just plain old HAPPY flavors!! This cake will definitely make the family, the people you live with, or anyone else happy tonight, for that matter.
I thought long and hard about what flavors and textures to include in this recipe. This particular combination of candy and cake includes some of just about everybody’s favorite flavors! Great cake, great frosting, delicious candy, and of course just the right amount of caramel.
It just has to be a HAPPY CAKE, right?
Let me explain why I chose the selection of candies I did. Of course you can change it however you want to when you make it at home.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Minis: An absolute necessity, just because! Even though they’re mini I cut them into halves.
Butterfinger Crisps: Regular Butterfingers are very good, but the taste can get really heavy really quick. I like both the taste and texture of these. The little bit of crunch is perfect!
Nestle Crunch Crisps: I like both the taste and texture of these also. They too add the perfect amount of crunch!
Mini Rainbow M&M’s: Let’s be honest here. How can you not include mini M&M’s? Pretty much a necessity in my book!
Caramel Candy Bar Happy Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix, plus eggs and oil on back of box
chocolate milk instead of water called for on back of box – any kind of milk or water will work fine, use the amount called for on back of box
1 package (3.3 ounce) instant Vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk – any kind will do
1 tub (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed – any store brand of imitation Cool Whip will do
2 cups your favorite chopped candy (I used Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup minis, Butterfinger Crisps, Nestle Crunch Crisps and mini M&M’s)
1/2 cup caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Generously spray a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Prepare the cake according to package directions, use chocolate milk in place of water, if desired. Bake cake according to instructions on back of package. Cool the cake completely.
3. Once cake has cooled, mix together frosting ingredients (Vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup milk, and tub of Cool Whip). Let mix sit for just a few minutes to start to thicken. Spread desired amount on top of cake.
4. Set aside mini M&M’s. Top the cake evenly with the chopped candy assortment. Top with the mini M&M’s last. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.
5. Refrigerate cake for at least 4 hours so cake can kind of set up before serving. It will be much easier to cut and handle once it has had a chance to set up.
Makes apx. 15-16 Servings.
Megamommy Note: The number of servings you get out of this cake will change dramatically depending on how big you cut the pieces. You laugh now, but wait until you taste this cake! It is absolutely wonderful!!