Be honest, are you a St. Patirck’s Day fan?
Well, whether you are or aren’t there’s no reason why you can’t have a little fun making these Charming Minty Marshmallow Treats. These slightly minty treats are great the way they are! But the best part is there are a million ways to adapt these delights.
Let’s take a look at how to whip these charming treats!
So first we have the Limited Edition Lucky Charms for St. Patrick’s Day. If you can find them at a grocery store near you for a decent price, that’s great, if not go with regular Lucky Charms.
Then we have a close-up of the bright green Lucky Charms. Aren’t they fun?
Of course you start out with melting your butter and marshmallows together until mixture is smooth. Then, I added a 1/4 cup of Andes mints, chopped to the marshmallow mixture. The chopped Andes just kind of melt in and add a great taste to the treats.
* MM Note: I went light on the Andes Mints only because anything mint is tricky around here. Basically, mint is a tough sell around here! You could certainly add more Andes Mints or even mini chocolate chips, if you wanted.
I used two jumbo muffin pans for the Charming Minty Marshmallow Treats. It’s just kind of fun to have the treats in a different shape.
You could just as easily use a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray to make regular bars. Then once the bars cool, cut them into squares, or use a cookie cutter for any shape you want.
Charming Minty Marshmallow Treats
4-5 tablespoons butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows & 1 extra handful
* I always like to add an extra handful of marshmallows when I make any kind of marshmallow treats.
6 cups Lucky Charms cereal with green clovers
1/4 cup Andes Mints, chopped
Mini chocolate chips, optional
Marshmallow Bits, optional
St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles, optional
1. Spray a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
* I like to spray the bottom of my pot with nonstick cooking spray when I make any kind of marshmallow treats. It makes clean up super easy!
2. Melt butter and miniature marshmallows in a large pot over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Once mixture is completely melted and smooth, add the chopped Andes Mints, then add the cereal and stir until completely combined.
3. Evenly distribute the marshmallow mixture into the sprayed pan, or sprayed mega muffin cups, and press it into an even layer.
4. Immediatemly top with any combination of chocolate chips, Marshmallow Bits, or St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles, if desired. Allow to set completely before removing from muffin pans, or cutting, if using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.