We had the BEST cookies the other night and I want to share all the details with you guys! Okay, okay I know I just said the other day I was going to try and make more bars, cakes, and other various desserts. But, I just couldn’t resist making these cookies.
I was trying to think of a sort-of Valentine’s Day type of dessert, if that even makes sense, and this is what I came up with. It’s really nothing new, and more than likely has been done a million times before.
Really, what hasn’t been done with a cookie?
Nonetheless, I want to share this awesome-tasting cookie with you not because I think I’ve created something new, but because the flavors are so good together. I want you to enjoy them too.
I really think you’re going to like this one!!
So, I started with just a bag of Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Mix. The Betty Crocker Cookie mixes are surprisingly good if you haven’t tried them before.
For a quick weeknight dessert they work out very well.
To the cookie mix add the butter and egg called for on the back of the package. Use the regular size package, not the snack size.
If your dough is too sticky simply pop the bowl in the fridge for about 10 or 15 minutes. When you drop the dough onto the cookie sheets for baking be sure to make these cookies smaller!
The cookies are on the cooling rack, just waiting for something more to be done with them. You can tell by this picture, I have definitely made the cookies smaller, but not tiny.
I suppose you could make them as small as you want to, but I just went with a nice two-bite size. You want these smaller, because this cookie is meant for nibbling.
You want to be able to sit down and eat a few (or several) and enjoy. 🙂
If you’re a fan of White Chocolate and Macadamia Nuts, you know that the two together are absolutely delicious, but can sometimes be too rich. I’m happy to say you don’t have to worry with these little gems.
Even with the chocolate added to the bottom (which is now the top) and the sprinkles, these cookies are not too much – the flavor is excellent! 🙂
1 Package of Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Mix
butter, called for on back of package
egg, called for on back of package
chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semisweet, or dark chocolate chips are all good here), or chocolate candy coating
sprinkles, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner, if you have one.
2. Bake cookies according to instructions on back of package. I baked mine at 350 degrees, check after the minimum time indicated. You can always bake the cookies for another minute or two, if need be. Keep in mind, the cookies are smaller and you want to bake them just until the edges are firm and center is just barely set when lightly touched.
3. Cool at least 2 minutes on sheets, then remove cookies with a spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. When cookies have cooled completely, melt chocolate chips in microwave oven. I didn’t measure exactly how much I used, maybe half a bag. Take out a couple of sheets of wax paper, then place wire rack over wax paper sheets. This is for easy cleanup, some of the cookies will drip chocolate.
5. Turn all the cookies over so they’re ready to grab without looking and put some chocolate on the bottom and spread it around with the back of the spoon. You don’t need any special equipment. If you want to add any type of sprinkles be sure to add them now, while the chocolate is still wet and will the sprinkles will cling. Allow cookies to dry on wire rack, bottom side up.