For all of you that have a birthday in January – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
It’s a new year full of new beginnings, right? So I was thinking we should do something new here @ Megamommy.
Each month of the year we’re going to celebrate all the birthdays that month with a fun and special birthday treat!
I accidentally stumbled across this recipe for Birthday Cake Cookies, but I sure am glad I did. Sometimes I play around with the flavors, different extracts, cake mixes, or frosting and they always turn out great!
My kids and their friends l-o-v-e these cake cookies!
It’s difficult to put into words what makes these cookies so good – they’re just an over all great combo.
So, here you have your simple and easy, but oh so good ingredients for the Birthday Cake Cookies. I went with Classic Yellow Cake Mix.
Mmm fresh cookies cooling…
Once the cookies are cooled, simply frost them, top them with another cookie, and roll them in sprinkles (if you want),
Birthday Cake Cookies with candles, 🙂
Birthday Cake Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker SuperMoist)
1/4 cup rainbow mix candy sprinkles
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon milk
1 can creamy vanilla frosting, or any flavor you prefer
1/4 cup polka dot nonpareils
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Mix the cake mix, melted butter, milk, and egg with large spoon until blended. Stir in rainbow sprinkles until soft batter forms. Using a cookie scoop if you have one, scoop 20 tablespoonfuls of batter onto a baking mat or an ungreased large cookie sheet.
2. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cookies will be very light, even when completely baked. Cool 2 minutes on sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire to cool completely.
3. Spread frosting on bottom of 1 cookie; top with second cookie, bottom side down.
4. Roll edges of frosting in sprinkles of your choice. If desired, top each with a birthday candle.
If you don’t have rainbow sprinkles in your pantry, feel free to skip them all together. The cookies will turn out just fine with or without the sprinkles and taste awesome either way.
* Try making this recipe with any of your favorite cake and frosting flavors. We have done many different combinations and they are all delicious.
Sometimes I even make a batch of yellow cookies and a batch of chocolate cookies and make Combo Birthday Cake Cookies.
Happy Birthday January Friends!!
Source: Betty Crocker