If you follow the food blogs at all, you know that there are stuffed cookies, brownies, bars, well stuffed everything all over the place right now.
There are a lot of really great ideas out there right now! So I thought I would do my own thing with this simple little goodie. Well that and the fact that I have three very different palates to try and please with this dessert.
Normally this cookie doesn’t crack like you see in the photo.
But I had a kitchen mishap and therefore the cracks.
It was perfect when it came out of the oven!
Here’s a photo of the ingredients you will need for my super easy Baked Mint Double Cookie.
Prepare the the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Dough according to the instructions on the back of the package. Then press the dough into the bottom of a 12″ skillet. I sprayed my skillet with cooking spray, even though it’s a non-stick skillet, because I spray just about everything. Of course, the dough pressed into the skillet before it goes in the oven.
This is very important – most quality cooking skillets are oven safe up to 450 degrees. However, you do need to know if your skillet is oven safe or not.
If it is oven safe, simply wrap the handle(s) with aluminum foil and you should be fine.
You can certainly use your own home-made cookie dough which, I usually do. But tonight I only had a few extra minutes before dinner so I needed something simple, delicious and not too time consuming.
The whole Baked Minty Double Cookie warm and golden brown. Yummy!
Be sure to let the whole thing cool before you slice and serve. Enjoy.
Baked Minty Double Cookie
1 bag Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix + plus the butter and egg called for on the back of the package
1 bag Betty Crocker Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix + plus the butter and egg called for on the back of the package
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup Mint Chocolate Holiday M&M’s
* The Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix appears to be a seasonal item from Betty Crocker. I saw the mix last week when I was in Target, it was on sale, and of course I had a coupon, so I thought I would try it.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 12 inch skillet with cooking spray, or simply use a non-stick skillet. Remember to wrap any handles or such in aluminum foil if need be.
2. In two separate bowls prepare each of the cookie mixes according to the instructions on the package.
3. Press the sugar cookie dough into bottom of skillet. Top with the semi sweet chocolate chips and the mint M&M’s. Press those into the sugar cookie dough slightly.
4. Press the prepared Mint Chocolate Chip mix evenly over the entire mixture. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until nice and golden brown and baked all the way through. Be sure not to over-bake. Let cool completely before cutting into wedges and serving.
Yield: 8-12 Servings
Remember wedges will be thicker because it’s a double cookie.